One of the more challenging aspects for us with Tastefully Driven so far has been managing the Lifestyle Blog. Being that it’s a group blog it can take on a different life than individual blogs like this one or the one I run over on SportsLizard. Both of those blogs have my personality infused into them and I think one of the reasons that they “work” is because there is a consistent voice. With TD, in one sense it’s tougher because you have different writing styles each post…but that same potential downside is also a huge upside: you get posts from all four of us (plus one guest writer right now) and each person has their own unique writing style that contributes differently to the community.
Anyway, we’re averaging about a post a day and overall I think we’ve covered a broad array of lifestyle topics in the past month and done a pretty good job of it. If you haven’t been subscribed, here are a few of my favorite posts:
- The No Excuses Workout – a 20 minute exercise routine that requires only a few feet of space and uses your bodyweight for resistance (video of yours truly performing the exercises included in the post).
- Audio, the Quest for Individual Nirvana – a series of posts by our guest author (and speaker expert) Robert Wayne about the extensive process of choosing a home stereo system.
- 2008 NFL Mock Draft – Greg did a fantastic job of breaking down each teams needs and potential picks for this weekend’s upcoming NFL draft.
- Whey Protein vs. Casein Protein – a post breaking down the differences between the fast-digesting whey protein and slower-digesting casein protein.
- How to Clean and Maintain Your Laptop – a short post and video of how to keep your laptop in pristine condition.
- How to Read 72% Faster in 20 Minutes – the results of a little speed reading experiment I did.
- RSS Explained: the free technology that will change your life – everything you need to know about RSS.