Finally Found Autoweek!

It took two weeks, but Greg finally hunted down a copy of the Autoweek article where our E-Z Detail Brush was mentioned.  The detailer who scanned us a copy also told us that it is a subscriber-only magazine, which would explain why scouring every Barnes & Noble and Borders in upstate NY was a fruitless effort (special thanks to Adam Gilbert who also checked down in NYC for us).

di-autoweek.jpg

Now that we have the article in an acceptable resolution, we can use it for future marketing efforts.  We’ll definitely plaster “featured in Autoweek” on our new site and our newsletters, particularly on the E-Z Detail Brush description page.  Seeing those little things on a site definitely helps conversion rates.  I guarantee that someone at some point will say to themselves “well, I wasn’t sure if I was going to buy from them, but I read Autoweek and Autoweek is legit, so I trust them”.  Every little thing you do that influences people on the fence of buying is important, even if it just impacts 0.1% of customers.

6 comments on Finally Found Autoweek!

1. jennsquared says:

That’s so great! Actually I looked down here too but didn’t find any, so I didn’t bother to tell ya. Glad you got a good scan of the image. Free Advertising, who doesn’t love it?

Thanks Jenn – appreciate you taking a look down in New Haven for me 🙂 Hope all is well!

3. Adam Gilbert says:

Ha! That explains it because the one I checked has a huge selection of magazines and I even asked a worker to check. I was in disbelief! Glad you got a copy though!

Mike went up to the counter at every local bookstore and even a Pep Boys and all of those places told him that they didn’t carry it. We were all pretty shocked…but now we know. Thanks again for checking for us!

5. Marc Mathies says:

Hi, I’m the Interactive Director at AutoWeek. Next time, send us an email at awwebmaster@crain.com and we’ll try to help you out. -Marc

Marc –

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. I just dropped you a thank you email – the Autoweek mention has sparked a ton of good things for us.

All the best,