You Don’t See This…Ever

Our neighbors in our industrial park are Ruan Transportation, a large trucking company. We share part of a really big building. As we pulled into the parking lot on Monday morning, we saw this:

Ruan accident

Ruan accident

That’s insane. I’ve never seen anything like it. Normally they just have a handful of relatively new, clean trucks sitting outside.

After a quick Google News search, we may have linked it to this accident on January 26 on I-40 in Tennessee. If so, I’m happy to hear that everyone survived…but also mystified at HOW everyone survived…

7 comments on You Don’t See This…Ever

Holy crap, looks like a vehicle left over from the making of the new Transformers movie!

2. Nev says:

You should do a mock-umentary on the truck.
    1.) Show bashed up truck.
    2.) Take some DI products, polishes and waxes to it.
    3.) Show a picture of a brand new truck!

LOL @ Nev’s idea. But in all seriousness, if your products can get a shine out of that metal or those tyres I’d totally do an extreme-makeover video just showing what they’re capable of.

Haha classic Nev.

Unfortunately I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t let us touch the thing. My guess is that it’s back at their shop up here in NY because of insurance reasons. Otherwise I have no idea why it would have gotten towed up here…if it’s the truck from that article.

Yeah, seems odd to bring it all the way for any raeson really…

I do think you should try and do some kind of extreme-makeover style thing though, perhaps with an old beater from somewhere? Maybe do it for free to someone’s beater in the neighbourhood, make an event out of it and make a video that could go viral… maybe some kind of competition, almost like pimp-my-ride but with fewer douches.

“fewer douches” lol. We do some of those types of articles, but we’ve never extensively planned a big one where we take a crappy car and make it look great. It would be a good exhibition of what our products and processes can accomplish…kind of like “if it works great on this POS imagine what it’ll do for your BMW”

Yeah – I think that’d work well. Plus you could brand it as a good idea in a recession – why buy a new car when your old one can look this great?