The Result of 6 Months of Iterative Design on LockerPulse

When I first built the demo of LockerPulse to show my partners last December, I decided to only have one team that actually functioned. I hadn’t worked out a lot of the efficiency issues, and we didn’t have a separate server, so I didn’t want to use our resources on pulling in news for 122 teams when one would suffice to prove the concept. I chose the Buffalo Bills because Greg is a super-hardcore-crazy-obsessive Bills fan. Since that day, he’s used the site every day for his news.

This is what he started with:

LockerPulse Bills Demo

This is what we will be launching with (this is the basic free version of the Bills news that will be accessible to everyone):

LockerPulse Bills

I’m really happy with how it came out. Having a working demo really helps the designer(s) because you have something real and tangible to work with and iterate from instead of just dreaming up a design on a blank sheet of paper. It was a full team effort, but the majority of the credit goes to Mike who actually made it all work (and made it work 95% of the way in IE…no easy task).

When I have a little more time, I’ll delve in a little deeper on how we got from A to B with the design because I think it’s an interesting story.

Launch is just over a week away! As usual, I’m excited/nervous/stressed/confident all at the same time 🙂

8 comments on The Result of 6 Months of Iterative Design on LockerPulse

Being fortunate enough to see this project develop from concept to what it currently is I am astonished at how it has progressed not only in quality but how rapidly this has all taken shape. My hats off to you Adam, I know this concept has been mulling around your head for a while, it’s one thing to have an idea, it’s yet another to turn it into a viable model and create it – that separates the men from the boys!

Thanks Tim. I appreciate all of the feedback you’ve given along the way. It’s been invaluable.

2. Joshua Holt says:

Looks pretty sweet. Can’t wait to try it out.

3. Jonathan says:

Will LockerPulse work for mixed martial arts/MMA news?

Good question Jonathan. We’re launching with just the 4 major US pro sports (NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL), but we’ve already begun research on colleges and what I call the “secondary sports” like Golf, NASCAR, and MMA. Depending on how things go I’m hoping to add all of that in the first few months.

4. Matt says:

Exciting, can’t wait to test the final product.

5. Vicky says:

Adam, I just signed up for my account and it looks awesome! Of course I have the Bills on there(since I am now a Bills fan because of Greg). I have seen Greg’s version change since you first started and it looks amazing. I will definitely be spreading the word about LP!!! Congrats on all the hard work Adam!