This One Goes Out to Anyone Who Has Ever Cleaned a Blender

I like smoothies. I hate blenders. They are such a total pain to clean, to the point where I avoid making anything that involves a blender because I hate cleaning the damn thing. For Christmas, my girlfriend’s mother got me this Cooks 5-in-1 Power Blender. The thing has amazing reviews, but of course I really only care that it’s dishwasher safe. There is hope yet.

This morning I was craving a smoothie. I went out into the kitchen to try the new blender, when I realized something: I could use my old, bulky, POS blender one last time and then chuck it in the garbage. No washing!!!. So, I blended up some greek yogurt, a banana, some strawberries, a little milk, and some whey protein powder, poured it into a glass, and then chucked the damn blender right in the freaking trash. It was awesome. It felt even better than I thought it would. If I was rich, I would just buy blenders, use them once, and then trash them. The disposable blender. One can only dream…

My Old Blender

7 comments on This One Goes Out to Anyone Who Has Ever Cleaned a Blender

1. Joshua Holt says:

Haha, smart move. My KitchenAid blender cleans like a charm. I went through several before finding it.

2. Dale says:

Hmm… there’s got to be a way to marry up clean in place concepts that plants use to kitchen blenders. I’ve always wanted to invent a continuous flow blender to make smoothies continuously. (Is my engineering background making an appearance again?)

YES! Go make the perfect blender Dale…do it!

I love seeing the engineer come out. I was the same way while I was in school and doing internships…now I just look at everything and try to solve it with a web app 🙂

3. Neville says:

I remember going through a juicer phase:

Step 1.) Juice 10 million pounds of fruit and get 2oz. of juice.
    Step 2.) Spend next 17 minutes cleaning the damn thing.

Needless to say, I’m no longer in the juicer phase.

Another option might have been to try it in the dishwasher. If it ends up being wrecked then who cares? If it ends up clean, send it to the goodwill.

Do you remember Alex Tew, the Million Dollar Homepage guy? His dream was to have enough money to be able to never have to wash socks again, just buy new ones…

I probably should have just thrown it in the dishwasher and then donated it if it came clean (not sure if it was dishwasher safe or not though)…didn’t think of that, I was just so excited to throw it out 🙂

I do remember the Million Dollar Homepage guy but I didn’t know that about the socks. That’s hilarious. For some reason doing laundry doesn’t bother me that much.