It’s no secret that I’m not nearly as in to detailing as my partners are. I enjoy learning about our products and trying them out from time to time, but for the most part I’m more focused on the web stuff and not the car stuff. I have however, come to love using many of our products for non-detailing related purposes in my every day life. Here are my six favorite:
- 303 Cleaner & Spot Remover – this stuff gets stains out of any fabric. I’ve used it to get all sorts of spills out of the carpet in my apartment and it hasn’t failed me once. We’re talking grease, tea, food, etc. A few sprays, let it sit, and brush it out.
- Chemical Guys Window Clean – an amazing window cleaner. I do use it on my car, but I use it far more on my bathroom mirror and on windows inside my apartment. It smells like Windex but works better and contains no ammonia.
- Chemical Guys Clear Seal – generally used to clean, polish and protect plastic, this stuff works wonders on my electronics when used in conjunction with an Ultra Plush Towel. My laptop, cell phone, monitors, flat screen, and the like all look like brand new after a quick spray and wipe.
- All Purpose Towel – I’ve got probably 20 of these in my closet. I use them for all of my cleaning and dusting around the house. So much more effective than paper towels.
- Mini Microfiber Towel – these tiny towels measure 6″ x 7″ . I carry one at all times in my laptop bag and use it regularly when I’m on the go to clean my screen, keyboard, and even my cell phone.
- Waffle Weave Drying Towel – our extremely popular drying towel. I use it to dry my dishes. I’ve got a few in the closet that I rotate through so I never run out. I can’t use any other towel now. It’s ability to soak up water is unreal.
Ironically, we attempted to re-brand these products for these purposes with our “home store” on Tastefully Driven, but that was hands down the least successful of the various sections of the site. Oh well. I’m happy just using this stuff for myself and sharing it with my friends and family. It’s rare that you walk in to the house of someone I know without finding any of these products. I always get asked “do you guys have something for XYZ” and we almost always do, and it’s almost always something that works great, which just leads to more requests, which I don’t mind in the least. It’s a great way for me to be into our products without being into detailing. I think overall it goes to show the shear quality of the products we stock, and the vision that Greg and George have to only pick up products that they use and recommend themselves, and not just any random brand with a good profit margin.
- Regaining Control of Technology-Related “Emergencies”
- PageSpeed vs reCAPTCHA and YouTube: Will Google Ever Get on the Same Page?
- PHP Localbox – an easy way to test email on WampServer or XAMPP
- Our Warehouse Package Cutoff System Wasn’t Designed For This, But It Is Saving Us Right Now
- One Surprising Thing I Didn’t Anticipate When This Pandemic Began