About six months ago I decided it was time to start working on a new design. I had, what I thought, was a crazy cool idea. Of course, I never got around to it because, well, my blog design isn’t really that important in the grand scheme of things.
This weekend I decided to sit down and take the little that I had done over that six months and put together a new theme. I didn’t much stick to the original idea because I realized it would probably never get done (or, my work wouldn’t get done). My main goal was to just be cleaner, simpler, and easier to read.
I also wanted to:
- Learn the new Twenty Ten WordPress Theme. A lot has changed since the last time I did a redesign. I started with that as my base and modified it to suit my needs.
- Draw a little bit, because it’s fun. I drew the picture of my head and the RSS and Twitter icons with some colored pencils.
- Use some CSS3. The sticky notes on the right hand side of the home page are all CSS styles and text, aside from the tape image and the cork background. These look good in all browsers except IE of course.
- Play with Google’s Font Directory, because I think it’s a cool idea. All of the fonts in the headings are taken from there.
That’s about it. I’m sure stuff will change as I get bored with it or come up with new ideas.