New Year, new opportunities. We kicked off 2015 by launching USPS shipping to go alongside our FedEx Shipping. I wrote over on the DI Blog about how this was not nearly as simple as it would seem:
As many of our long time customers already know, this has been something that we’ve wanted to offer for quite some time. Unfortunately our warehouse is located in an industrial park that does not get regular pickups or deliveries from the USPS. This means we’ve had to set up a PO Box to receive mail, have two different addresses for returns, and of course that we haven’t been able to ship USPS packages from our warehouse. Over the past several months we’ve worked tirelessly alongside a team from the USPS to make a pickup at our warehouse possible. Everything came together quicker than we originally anticipated and we were able to ship our first USPS order out on Monday, January 5th!
Honestly, this was probably the single biggest thing we could do to grow our business, and I’ll explain why in my next few posts. It’s been a hectic few months rolling this out. However the early results have been fantastic, and that makes it all worth it.
- One Step Closer to Elite: USPS and Our Checkout Process
- Why USPS Is Such a Big Opportunity For Us
- Apple Pay and Google Pay Now Live – Step 2 of Our Braintree Integration
- Why We Removed Our Newsletter Open-Tracking Pixel
- We Recently Migrated Detailed Image to Braintree Payments: The Good & Bad From This Large, Unplanned Project